All the governors and staff at YGG Calon y Cymoedd share the same objective to help keep all children safe by contributing to:
- Providing a safe environment for them to learn.
- Identifying children who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm and take appropriate action with the aim of making sure that they are kept safe both at home and in school.
To achieve our objective to keep all children safe we aim to:
- Prevent unsuitable people from working with the children.
- Promote safe practices.
- Identify instances where there are concerns about a child’s welfare and take appropriate action to keep them safe.
- Contribute to effective partnership working between all those involved in providing services for our children.
The Designated Teachers for Safeguarding at YGG Calon y Cymoedd are:
Ceri Llewellyn (Designated Safeguarding Lead/Deputy Headteacher)
Catrin Coulthard (Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead/Headteacher)
Emma Bartlett (Senior Management Team)
Jenny Davies (Senior Management Team)
Our safeguarding policy is attached below but can also be found in our Policies section.